Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Fri 09th Jan 2015 18:06:29

twotails
Administrator

Eberspacher Heater -2

Peter Spargo
Mar 4, 2008 - 5:42PM
Eberspacher Heater

Have just bought an Eberspacher diesel fired heater that I hope to install in the near future. I thought of fitting it in either the outboard recess of the port cockpit locker or perhaps in the steering rod locker of the aft cabin. Just wondered if anyone has one of these heaters on board their boat and would appreciate any hints /tips about the task in general.
Thank you
Peter

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Tresco Maid
Email 
eric jones
Mar 5, 2008 - 6:13PM
Re: Eberspacher Heater

hello from eric,
glass lady had an ebo fitted in the q berth, it was a pretty good instalation, good luck.............

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) glass lady
Email 
Peter Spargo
Mar 6, 2008 - 9:40AM

Hi Eric, thanks for the suggestion. I've heard some say that these heaters can be a little noisy. Do you find that it disturbs you as,in effect,it's sited in the main cabin?
Regards
Peter

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Tresco Maid
Email 
eric jones
Mar 6, 2008 - 7:24PM

hello peter,
the reason for more than 50 per cent of the noise from any ebo is from the air intake and exhaust you must buy a silencer for both they are not a lot of money,i am well into ebo,s i have a 5kw in a caravan they need a lot of thought about the feed of air to the fan as this flow controls the temp. the p.c.b.in the ebo reads the temp flow over it,so in effect try to feed it the air that you are in,if i can be of any help please call,01229 871659,also while i'm at it.......... about the fuel you use, try not to run it on red diesel if you can get it use central heating fuel it is a lot cleaner than diesel and will not carbon up your screen and firing plug good luck regards eric............

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) glass lady
Email 
Peter Spargo
Mar 7, 2008 - 4:19PM

Hello Eric, Once again thanks for your advice and if I get stuck I'll take up your kind offer of a phone call.
Regards
Peter

Board footer