Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Fri 09th Jan 2015 17:46:51

twotails
Administrator

Cockpit Canopy

Dec 10, 2010 - 11:13PM
Cockpit canopy

Hallo all,

thanks for the initial post & comments about the cockpit canopy in the first place. It was a great help to find "my" solution. For different kind of reasons I decided to take "PET-P" as the prefered material for the canopy. Within the standardisation world like ISO, PET-P stands for: PolyEthyleenTerePhtalate.
Technically it was really easy to change both parts of the canopy.
1. Losen all screws;
2. Use a rasor knive blade to cut the rubber parts from the canopy;
3. Take the aluminium parts away from the canopy;
4. Put the old canopy part on the new sheet of PET-P;
5. Take a permanent marker and draw around the edges of the old part;
6. take a fine-saw blade (metall) & let the electrical saw do the work (this without any risk of cracks!!!);
7. Only after the aluminium parts are being assembled and being put around the new canopy, drill the holes (don't forget the new rubber);
8. Assemble the canopy in the cockpit.

While doing some tests on a peace of 200x50x5mm, I was able to bend it a 180 degrees without braking it or making cracks! According to the manufacturer it should be resistant to Ultra-violet light coming from sunlight.

With Kind Regards,

Ruud Heijne, Sara of Wyre, Netherlands.
http://seadog30.webs.com/

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Sara of Wyre
Email 
John Lansdell
Dec 11, 2010 - 4:45PM
Re: Cockpit canopy

That sounds most interesting. Did you take any pictures of the work in progress by any chance? If so, it would be good to see them in the Gallery.

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Twotails
Mark
Dec 12, 2010 - 10:00AM

Hi,

I would be interested in seeing pictures too, also could you show more details of your mast raising/lowing set up. Was very interested to see it on your website.

Regards Mark

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Sulis
Email 
David
Dec 13, 2010 - 8:23PM

Quote: Ruud Heijne

Ruud Heijne, Sara of Wyre, Netherlands.
http://seadog30.webs.com/

Just discovered your website - nice photos of the masts lowered in the tabernacles.

and cheers for the link - my Website was beginning to feel lonely I have just added a link back to your site.

Board footer