Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Tue 20th Jan 2015 21:47:13

twotails
Administrator

Test Sail

Hi all,

After some pretty thorough research and time spent gazing in envy at local boats, I reckon a Seadog is the way to go.

Would anyone be willing to let me have a trial sail on one?
I just want to make sure.

I am a commercial yachtmaster and qualified boatbuilder, I do not mind helping with a longer passage if it means I get a better feel for the boat.

Cheers

Julian
Email 
John Lansdell
Jul 24, 2010 - 7:58AM
Re: test sail

Welcome to (potential) SeaDogging!

As Hon Sec I keep a list of 'dogs which are potentially for sale. If you would like me to contact their owners on your behalf, with the idea of a trial sail, please contact me direct by email - twotails@onetel.com -.
Give me your address and I will contact the nearer ones as a start. I may not give you contact details without the owners permission, as you are not a member of the SOA.

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Twotails
Mark
Jul 24, 2010 - 8:03PM

If you put what area you are in Julian, someone might be willing to give you a local invite.

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Salia
Email 
Julian Finch
Jul 24, 2010 - 8:53PM

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, I forgot to mention that I was based in Poole.

Just to be clear,I am not quite ready to buy yet and do not want to waste anyones time. I was mainly interested in trying one on for size, so to speak.

I have previously looked at a couple of seadogs in boatyards and so far so good but it would be nice to try one in it's proper environment.

If anybody needs a hand moving a boat for summer holidays etc. then perhaps we can help each other?

Cheers

Julian
Email 
Chris & Phil
Jul 24, 2010 - 9:12PM

Hi

We have Soyakaze (number 104) based in Keyhaven we have no specific trips organised at the moment as we have just come back from two weeks sailing, but you are welcome to a daysail in the solent. Contact us to arrange if this will help convince you.

Regards - Chris & Phil
Email 
Julian Finch
Jul 25, 2010 - 11:49PM

Hi,

Thanks for your kind offer, sent you an emessage.

Cheers

Julian
Email 
Julian Finch
Aug 1, 2010 - 10:58PM

Hi All,

Just wanted to say a big thank-you to Chris and Phil for a cracking afternoon on Soyakaze yesterday. They made us very welcome and gave a great account of their experiences with the boat. If I can ever return the favour please do not hesitate to contact me.

Also to another owner that contacted me off-forum and let us sail another Seadog today, you sir are a gentleman and it was a pleasure to sail with you. Thank you for a great day.

There you have it, I asked on this forum to try a Seadog. A week later and I have sailed two in a weekend. If the people I met are typical Seadog owners then that alone would be reason enough to buy one. If you then add a fantastic boat into the equation? Well I for one am sold on the whole idea!

Thanks again one and all. I look forward to meeting more owners once a purchase has been made, hopefully soon.

Regards

Julian
John Lansdell
Aug 2, 2010 - 9:12AM

Hi!

Many thanks for your message, and thanks also to the owners you met. I'm glad to hear you were so impressed.

You might like to know we have an annual Winter Rally in January, at a hotel in Bournemouth, with a dinner on the Saturday evening, a Dutch Auction of mainly boaty bits on Sunday morning for SOA funds, plus lots of 'doggy chat, then Lunch and back home.

Keep in touch!

John Lansdell.

Board footer