Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Tue 20th Jan 2015 20:48:04

twotails
Administrator

Pushpit seats

I am sure I have somewhere seen Seadogs with pushpit seats. Has anyone got details with specs please

Tim Dartmouth

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Tongareva
Email 
Graham
Jan 8, 2012 - 12:01PM
Re: pushpit seats

You are correct, there are quite a few with what is known as a 'park bench'.
Designs vary, it really depends on what other equipment you have fitted (davits, wind-vane steering, solar panel etc.) and whether you require dinghy access over the transom.
On Dougal we have fitted corner seats and plan to design a 'joining' plank at some stage. We have davits and a solar panel and require dinghy access so a park bench wouldn't work for us.
Graham

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Dougal
Email 
Mark
Jan 8, 2012 - 10:03PM

I don't think there is standard one, ours was built by the son of the previous owner and the seat has folding legs and folds up out the way. I have often thought that a small garden bench could be adapted to fit reasonably well or horizontal bars fitted to the legs of the pushpit to support a simple bench seat would work as well. I have also made a simple table to fit over the handrails on the aft cabin coach roof for somewhere to put the drinks. It's a great place to sit, we have even stuck the auto helm on and sat there motoring along on a fine day.

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Salia
Email 
David
Jan 13, 2012 - 5:35PM

Not on mine - am thinking of a deckchair

But these snaps might be of use:

Seems to be more of a MK1 plank style approach - but not all Seadogs have the same pushpit design that allows that.

This is Emra, I went aboard her a few years back - the seat folds up and is a very tidy job - but one of the joint owners was a carpenter (or Cabinet Maker?).

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Wayluya

Board footer