Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Fri 09th Jan 2015 21:10:23

twotails
Administrator

Pinta Autopilots

Author
Comment
Phil Somerville
Mar 8, 2009 - 9:11AM
Hello and Pinta auto pilots etc.

Hi everyone...
I'm relatively new to this forum and Seadogs...
I bought Tresco Maid late last year and have been upgrading her before heading off to Scotland and then the Med in a few months.
Currently I convert Dutch Barges on the Thames working as a Marine Electrical Engineer but prefer working on yachts if I'm honest..
Anyway, I've just removed a functioning (I'm told) Pinta auto pilot and if anyone would like it for spares it is available free of charge in the Gosport area....please contact me via email or tel... 07908 115112...

PS. I've got a blog I've started that will follow the travels of Tresco Maid if anyone's interested.
www.tressytravels.blogspot.com

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Tresco Maid
Email 
Graham Matthews
Mar 8, 2009 - 10:23AM
Re: Hello and Pinta auto pilots etc.

Hi Phil,
Welcome.
Many thanks for offering the pinta auto-pilot. Are you sure you don't want to keep it? Wonderful bits of kit and much stronger than anything available today, we wouldn't be without ours.
Could I suggest that perhaps you could donate to the association, perhaps via John Lansdel? Then when anyone needs parts he could supply in return for a donation to SOA funds.
Whatever happens please do not chuck any parts, the manufacturer eventually closed a few years ago and although built with 'standard' components (such as motorcycle chain and bicycle chain, torch bulbs etc some other parts would be very difficult to source.
regards
Graham

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Dougal
Email 
Phil Somerville
Mar 8, 2009 - 4:06PM
Re: Re: Hello and Pinta auto pilots etc.

Hi Graham,

I'd be happy to donate it to the club and will follow up with John as suggested...

Phil

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Tresco Maid
Email 
Graham Matthews
Mar 11, 2009 - 12:08PM
Re: Hello and Pinta auto pilots etc.

Morning Phil,
Did your 'strip-out' include the bits of Pinta that live behind the galley cupboard? The chains are easily obtained but the bulkhead bearing was custom made for the SeaDog. I actually bought the final 'spare' from 'Pinta' about 10 years ago and without it fitting a Pinta to the SeaDog would have been very difficult.
I wonder if you have removed anything else that other owners might have a use for?
regards
Graham

Board footer