Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Fri 09th Jan 2015 21:09:07

twotails
Administrator

Pilot Berth Alternative Uses

Philip Ellis
Feb 23, 2008 - 10:12PM
Pilot berth, alternative uses

I for one and perhaps others would like to hear how other owners have made best use, of this frequently underused space?
e.g. Increase cockpit locker space,Batteries, Calorifier,Fridge,heater etc. or just a glory hole!

Your responses would be most welcome.

Regards
Philip Ellis

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Glyfada
Email 
David
Feb 24, 2008 - 9:48AM
Re: Pilot berth, alternative uses

I removed the cushion and put a wheeled 3 draw storage box (from B&Q!) down their. Pretty good fit.

Chart table needs to be lifted to roll it out and then the drawers are accessible. At the moment used for tools etc.

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Perro
Graham & Gaye
Feb 24, 2008 - 10:33AM

Hi,
On Dougal we have retained the cushion, so that it could be used if we had an extra guest on board, but usually the main space contains long term storage. Typically some of our wine boxes, disposable barbeques, spares, etc, etc.
Graham

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Dougal
Email 
Eric Richardson
Feb 29, 2008 - 1:34PM

Hi Phillip
So you have a Seadog again; Glad to hear it.
On Taliesin I bought a number of fold flat plastic boxes which I slid in to carry various odds and ends.
I left the berth cushion in just in case it was ever needed which did not happen. The chart table stopped the boxes sliding out in heavy weather.
I fitted a home made calorifier just behind the starbrd fuel tank, It worked very well.
Regards Eric

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Ex Taliesin
Email 
Alan and Debbie
Mar 5, 2008 - 8:45PM

We do the same, plastic storage boxes sourced for best fit, slide along and lift out when needed. They are held in place by the chart table top. We abandoned the pilot berth cushion.

Eric

Hello hope you are well. Be interested in the details of your home made calorifier some time.

Board footer