Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Fri 09th Jan 2015 21:08:01

twotails
Administrator

Peter French

Eric Richardson
Dec 4, 2008 - 3:52PM
Peter French

Sadly our old friend Peter passed away at 9AM today.
In some ways it is a mercy that Peter has gone, he must have been so very frustrated with his circumstances. The last thing Peter would have wanted was to feel that he was being a burden, and to have an active mind in his circumstance must have been unbearable.
Peter and Olive have put so much effort and enthusiasm into running the Seadog Owners Association since the mid 1980s. I believe it is largely due to Peters efforts that our Seadogs have maintained their value and prestigeous standing in the boating world.
Peter will be sadly missed by all his family and very many friends.
Once I know the funeral arrangements I will post them so that those able to attend are aware of the details.

In the mean time let us all say a few words for Peter and Olive.

Eric Richardson

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Ex Taliesin
Email 
Mark
Dec 4, 2008 - 10:26PM
Re: Peter French

Sad news. Our thoughts are with the family.

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Salia
Email 
Alan and Debbie
Dec 5, 2008 - 9:52AM

Sad news but perhaps a blessing under the circumstances for such a remarkable man. Our thoughts are with Olive and her family. Peter's memory lives on though, only last night I referred to one of his journal articles for maintenace advice.

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Star Dog
Alastair & Betty Buchan
Dec 5, 2008 - 5:50PM

We were saddened to hear the news of Peter a friend to so many. Our thoughts go to Olive and family.

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Ex "Faye of Aubin"
Email   1 
Paddy
Dec 5, 2008 - 6:28PM

My thoughts and prayers are for Olive and family at this time. Peter was an incredible gentleman, one of the best.

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Blue Heeler
Email 
Chris Woolley
Dec 7, 2008 - 5:46PM

Peter will be so missed by us all.
He was an inspiration, whose leadership of our association will always be remembered with huge affection.
Our thoughts are with Olive and her family at this time.

Chris and Sophia Woolley

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) DOGBOAT
Email 
Philip & Lynda Ellis
Dec 8, 2008 - 11:22AM

My first contact with Peter was back in 1985/6 when first looking for a Seadog and found him to be so helpful and friendly that we too went on to become owners and were then able to understand his enthusiasm for these craft.
This enthusiasm and commitment must have touched a great many Seadog owners over the years and brought the opportunity of much pleasure to many others.

Peter will be sadly missed and our thoughts must rest with Olive and the family.

Philip & Lynda

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Glyfada, Ex Natuna
Email 
russell stevens
Dec 8, 2008 - 5:49PM

We were both very sad to hear the news and our wishes are with Olive and the family.

Russell&Louise (Spinner)

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Spinner
Email 
Graham
Dec 8, 2008 - 7:49PM

We only met Peter for the first time in 1995 but in the short time we have known him he has been a true friend and trusted advisor. Always willing to give guidance, help and words of wisdom he will be much missed by all who knew him.
Working with Olive he has been central to the trusted and respected reputation that the SeaDog has today. Fortunately his influence has affected others within the association and I think he has realised in recent years that the membership camaraderie he helped to build will continue to thrive for many more years.
Our thoughts are with Olive, Christine and all of Peter’s family and his many friends at this time. I am sure that Peter would not want to be sad, but to raise a glass to his memory. Thanks Peter for all you have done, for all of us.
Graham & Gaye (Dougal)

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Dougal
Email 
Peter Spargo
Dec 9, 2008 - 4:42PM

So very sorry to hear the sad news about Peter. Probably, like many others, it was his advice and enthusiasm that helped me decide to buy a Seadog back in 2002 and I know the unstinting commitment that he had, with Olive of course, to the Association. He will be greatly missed. Our thoughts are with Olive and their family.

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Ex- Tresco Maid
Email 
Bob and Sheila Watkinson
Dec 12, 2008 - 12:31PM

Such sad news and a feeling of loss to the association but also to many friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with Olive and family.

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Shillay
Email 
David
Dec 18, 2008 - 6:47PM

My thoughts with Olive & Family. Not an easy one to lose a Partner, at any age.

I hope Olive gets to see the thoughts expressed on here, sometimes it is the words from the unexpected quarter that can provide a surprising comfort.

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Wayluya (ex Perro)
Pam and Pamela Hamlyn
Jan 12, 2009 - 4:21PM

Pam jnr and I are so sad to hear about Peter and send our thoughts to Olive and family. He did so much for the SOA and will be greatly missed

Board footer