Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Fri 09th Jan 2015 20:57:39

twotails
Administrator

Oil Filter Housing

Ronnie Walker
Sep 30, 2011 - 10:34PM
OIL FILTER HOUSING

Hi Folks,have the 4107 ashore in the workshop,have changed the oil & filter,but can't get the filter housing to seal strange thing is it was ok before oil change,have tried draw filing the lip & gasket sealant,no go,have considered trying the screw on upgrade,has anyone done this on the 4107,as the firm who sell the kit have warned about obstructions,as the new filter will be perpendicular,my son-in-law who helps me,thinks the engine bed will be in the way,any suggestions appreciated.Thanks.Ronnie.

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) kushka
Email 
Eric Richardson
Oct 3, 2011 - 11:06AM
Re: OIL FILTER HOUSING

Hi Ron

Probably a silly question. BUT I take it you have removed the old oil seal ring and fitted a new one??
I made my own adaptor to take a spin on filter, mounting it near vertical to spin on with the thread at the bottom. When changing it I put a plastic bag underneath to catch the oil. After I had made it I found that Perkins made one for use when the engine was fitted to the Transit van.
Note I did away with the oil cooler connections.

There is room between the engine and its bearer for that one as it is quite close to the cylinder block.

Eric
Ronnie Walker
Oct 3, 2011 - 2:28PM
Re: OIL FILTER HOUSING

hi,Eric,Thanks for your input,I eventualy removed the seal,and put on a bead of sealant,I have run the engine and it has sealed,I won't buy the upgrade,if it holds.Kind Regards.Ronnie.

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) kushka

Board footer