Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Fri 09th Jan 2015 20:45:45

twotails
Administrator

Moving Weather

Graham
May 13, 2009 - 8:57AM
Moving Weather

As Internet access is becoming more and more available when cruising we have been looking at the improved potential weather forecasting. The MovingWeather (www.movingweather.com) system seems to be highly recommended and I have recently started a free trial of 30 days.
Initial impressions are good and I quickly recognised it as the system on permanent show in the facilities at St Peter Port (Guernsey).
It provides an easy to read map display and can show wind strength, temperature, cloud, rain, pressure or any combination over a period of up to 7 days.
A 'recommend a friend' system is available, if I recommend someone who later pays for a subscription then we both receive an additional 3 months credit, so let me know if you are interested.
Hope we all have a great season this year.
Graham

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Dougal
Email 
Mark Hildich
May 13, 2009 - 6:00PM
Re: Moving Weather

I like using http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ to see the current weather. Its free and provides a reasonable forecast as well,

rgds Mark

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Sulis
Email 
Graham
May 13, 2009 - 6:34PM
Re: Moving Weather

Hi Mark,
That looks quite handy for direct online access, but what I like about movingweather is that you can download the data for up to 7 days in advance, for any area in the world, then study it later on using the PC software without Internet access.
thanks for the suggestion though,
Graham

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Dougal

Board footer