Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Fri 09th Jan 2015 20:06:42

twotails
Administrator

Glass Lady

eric jones
Jul 6, 2007 - 6:34PM
glass lady

hello from eric .

iam the current owner of glass lady and have been for three seasons,and have now just about been from one end to the other,with a new engine,plus many other upgrades,i would like to here from any other seadoggers,who are interested in the build of the boat................eric

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) glass lady
Email 
wilf holloway
Feb 23, 2008 - 4:19PM
Re: glass lady

Hi Eric
Any imfo on your new engine would be interesting =new or secondhand 'parts reguired 'fuel consumtion say at2000revs

wilf holloway

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) hounddog
Email 
Graham
Feb 23, 2008 - 4:35PM

Hi Wilf,
Hopefully Eric will respond with full information. In the meantime I just happen to have a picture og the ford engine in Glass Lady. Can be seen at http://www.seadog.co.uk/seadogorg/Glass … Engine.bmp
regards
Graham

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Dougal
Email 
eric jones
Feb 24, 2008 - 11:35AM

re engine,
hi wilf how are you, well the new engine,because as you all you all know the engine that was in glass lady was an old old perkins with many problems due to age like the rest of us, so i made up my mind to put in a new power plant,and the ford transit engine looked the part,so i set about finding one, it was not difficult there are so many and cheap too,it is 2.5 f.s.d. as in lancing marine,s catalog,it burns approx 1.5 galls or less pr hour,at 2,000 rpm, the prop is now a 17 x 16 and the boat looks like a distroyer when given extra power,but it is not about that, the reasoning for the ford is relieability,and after a few glitches, but you can expect that on a new install,it is now spot on and pushes any tide with ease, and round walney isle,the lune,and the wyre est you need it at times, if anyone should want to look at the install you are more than welcome,01229 871659..regards eric...........

Board footer