Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Fri 09th Jan 2015 18:29:17

twotails
Administrator

Engines

Eric Richardson
Jun 11, 2009 - 1:29PM
Engines

Engines.

Having read the comments about availablity of engine spares being a good reason to pick engines other than the Beta Marine Engine I felt that I should explain why this is not so.
In the first place the Beta Engine is actualy a Kubota Engine made in Japan and probably the most popular engine used in plant and machinery, look at almost any Mini Digger. This actualy means that the spares are available most anywhere and at lower prices than Yanmar. The Marinisation kit is Beta but most of that which would normaly be subject to failure is available from other sources like Jabsco water pumps and many alternators fit. Just as Gearboxes and Drive plates are also available from their makers.
I have found Beta to be excellent to deal with and feel that owners should not be worried by the thoughts of unavailable parts or agents. Kubota have agents world wide as do the suppliers of most other parts. Beta also operate a mail order service.

Eric Richardson

Board footer