Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Fri 09th Jan 2015 18:00:58

twotails
Administrator

Dog Talk

John Lansdell
Dec 24, 2009 - 4:27PM
Dog Talk

Wooof! (Or Happy Christmas to all the other 'dogs from Twotails!)

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Twotails
Email 
Graham
Dec 24, 2009 - 6:44PM
Re: Dog Talk

Woof Woof from us as well.
Thanks John for all your work throughout the year. See you in January in Bournemouth.

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Dougal
Email 
E Richardson
Dec 27, 2009 - 1:51PM

Hi To all
YAP< YAP
Avril says I am more of a yaper than a good woof these days.

Well the shortest day is past and next year not far away, plans are Boat Show for a day, then one of the real high lights, "The Elstead" looking forward to that and meeting lots of friends and perhaps some of the new Seadoggers.
Plans for winter are down to Lowestoft for a weeks boat work at the end of January to fit new cockpit floor boards and check all seacocks. I think I shall have some to change, definately renewing the cockpit drain valves. These are stainless steel ball valves and tested when the boat was lifted out both leak when shut and filled from above. The balls are probably chromed brass which has dezincified. A friend bought a pair that were supposedly all SS but last year the brass spindles twisted off when operated, again chromed brass!!!

Well thanks in particular to John and Graham for all the work on our behalf and a happy new year to all.
Eric

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Ex Taliesin
John Lansdell
Dec 28, 2009 - 9:52AM

Shhh! Don't upset the neighbours!

The real thanks are due to all the participants in the Forum, who make it a useful exchange of information and advice for owners new and old.

If anyone is interested I have a copy of the Perkins Engine Manual which members may borrow, at the cost of postage, for a month. Get in contact with me by email or phone.

Another so-called manual I have is for the Simpson-Lawrence Hi-Speed Anchor Winch. There is so little of it, I could send our a copy to anyone interested, again at the cost of postage.

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Twotails

Board footer