Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Fri 09th Jan 2015 17:43:50

twotails
Administrator

Canopy Awning Widows

Michael Grew
Feb 18, 2010 - 3:58PM
Awning plastic windows

Can anyone recommend a person to replace the back awning windows, mine have become very brittle and have large milky patches on them. In this cold weather I folded back the awning and one of the windows split. They obviously need replacing, any suggestions. My boat is based at Southsea.

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Seascape
Email 
E Richardson
Feb 22, 2010 - 4:04PM
Re: Awning plastic windows

Hi Michael

I guess that you mean the Cockpit canopy or hood in my speak, The cheapest repair is often done by either a motor body trimmer. They do sports car hoods. Or try a lorry cover and marque maker who repair caravan awnings.
Hope this helps, a local marque maker did me a full cockpit canopy using the old one as pattern 4 years ago for £400-00

Regards Eric

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Ex Taliesin
Steve Abbott
Feb 24, 2010 - 9:41AM
Re: Awning plastic windows

I use a brilliant guy who only does boat canvas work. Like Eric, he made me a cockpit hood (with "windows") using the old one as a template, and has made several awnings and various miscellaneous pieces. The drawback for you is that he's in East Yorkshire, so that you'd have to send it, and that he's busy (always the mark of a quality and competitively priced craftsman I think), so you'd have to negotiate a timescale.

You can see one of his awnings and the cockpit hood in the first two pictures in the "external" section of the gallery (the 'Dog moored in a Greek harbour).

If you're interested, it's Sean Leng of SPL Covers, contactable on 07970 936790

Good luck!

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Arethusa

Board footer