Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Wed 16th May 2018 20:07:44

Marcus Hember
Administrator

Boom Parts

Black Dog's boom has recently rather let me down and become two, short booms.

All rather expensive so I'm having a new one made, with the benefit of internal reefing lines etc.

As a result have the old boom parts spare - notably the roller reefing gooseneck end with gearbox, the leech end rotating plate, and the kicking strap plate.  Please let me know if these would be useful - I'm in Plymouth.

Marcus Hember
Black Dog

Marcus Hember
Black Dog SD41

#2 Thu 24th May 2018 21:38:58

Kittijay

Re: Boom Parts

Hello Marcus, Sorry to hear you have a two piece boom. I hope mine is still ok.  Im replying because the website seems very quiet, but I know there are dozens of Seadoggers out there.   There was someone actively looking for a good Seadog through John I believe, recently.  I dont know if he found one. Ann and I have made two trips with our local criusing club this year.  The last one to St Katherine dock.  We covered 100 miles there and back with wind on the nose each way, so 20 hours of motoring.  Ann said  " I thought this was supposed to be a sailing holiday."  Anyway. We hope you have a good season. Martin and Ann    Kittijay. no.123

#3 Sun 27th May 2018 22:53:38

Marcus Hember
Administrator

Re: Boom Parts

Hi Martin and Ann,

Yes, new boom by Eurospars in Plymouth on and just back from first proper try out.  Reefing is a great deal easier, I'm really impressed and pleased; a good upgrade.

This site is very quiet which is odd - not sure if people struggle to login but it is a shame. 

Marcus

Marcus Hember
Black Dog SD41

Board footer