Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Tue 20th Jan 2015 21:59:22

twotails
Administrator

Voyage Home of EMRA

This afternoon, we made it into Dover Harbour, just after high water, but contrary to all the local weather forcasts, ran into Force 6 conditions on the sail up from Dungeness Point...where my stomach left me...thankfully I had a skipper who had encountered similar conditions, but never as severe as we ran into this afternoon, in trying to enter W Docks! As we approached the entrance, with him at the wheel, I sheeted in the main sail as fast as I could, then just after we made the turn, let the boom fly off, as we entered the calmer waters of W Docks. During all these manoevers I looked to the stern, and quickly wished I had not, as the term a 'boiling sea' was never more appropriate. EMRA is a wonderful seaworthy boat, and Iam sure she will take anything the sea will throw at her, she can certainly take it, just not sure about her crew, as while I make this comment from my desk, the room around me seems to be going up and down, and sideways just as another addition!

Board footer