Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Tue 20th Jan 2015 21:48:31

twotails
Administrator

The Seadog Journals

I only have a couple - the last one I have is no 30, and that must date from at least 5 years ago.

Just wondering whether any interest in getting the complete set scanned into PDF and held online for posterity / future ease of reference?...........and if so, does anyone have a complete set! (or whether one could be put together amongst us).

Am happy to volunteer to do the legwork - subject to the proviso that it would likely be a project spread over a couple of years! (unless I get access to a commercial scanner - which happens sometimes......and then it is a 30 second job!).

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Wayluya
Email 
SAI
Oct 13, 2012 - 11:53AM
Re: The Seadog Journals

Hi David,

I am glad you brought this subject up. I am also of the same idea 'for posterity'. These boats will long out last all of us. People in 50 year's time need to know how to maintanin these boats right down to the last nut and bolt.

I have a scanner and can do the scanning and send across to you for you to do the rest of the job. I am just offering my services. I have always wanted to do some thing like this. I have also started to look into each of the threads on the members' forum and pick out the technical information that is useful and have been cataloguing the details under seperate headings and folders on my computer. It is a bit of a slow process as i do it only when i have some free time.

It is a bit of a job if someone wanted some informaiton from the forum and they have to sift through all that stuff in the forum. Anyway, just sharing my ideas. It is for the benefit of all now and in future - who ever they may be.

Board footer