Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Fri 09th Jan 2015 20:55:48

twotails
Administrator

New Sails -2

Steve Abbott
Jun 16, 2011 - 9:40AM
New sails

Dear all,

My sails are at the point where they should have been replaced decades ago, so I'm going have to bite yet another pricey bullet and do something about it.

I could unbend them and take them to my mate the sailmaker, who could simply copy them, and at a friendly price, but frankly, they were made in America (one of the previous owners was a Yank), and are presently streched into shapeless rags. Consequently, I reckon that it's difficult to determine what they SHOULD be like.

Therefore, could any of you recommend that most elusive of articles, a sailmaker who knows what Seadog sails should be, provides a quality product, and is reasonable in cost.

Thanks as always in advance for your expert advice.

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Arethusa
Email 
Graham
Jun 16, 2011 - 2:28PM
Re: New sails

Hi Steve,
Many of the sailmakers should have sailplans for the SeaDog but the problem is which sailplan. There are a large number of variations in mast height, not just the 2 official ones so it is important that your chosen sailmaker measures your boat.
Sanders Sails of Lymington http://sanders-sails.co.uk/ have made all off the sails currently fitted on Dougal and we are very pleased with them. Not the cheapest I know but a quality product.
regards
Graham

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Dougal

Board footer