Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Fri 09th Jan 2015 20:48:18

twotails
Administrator

Mystery Tank

Alan Kilner
Apr 10, 2007 - 10:47AM
Mystery tank

Just back from a weekend working on Star Dog, the final push to get her ready for our first trip in May. Something I meant to ask when we were at the Elstead in Feb. Star Dog has the original Perkins 107. There is a minature fuel tank in the starboard cockpit locker. I think it is something to do with cold starting although I have had no trouble starting thoughout this winter afloat. Does any one know what it is for and can it be taken away to free up locker space?

Thanks

Alan and Debbie.

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Star Dog
Email 
Peter Lihou
Apr 16, 2007 - 10:18AM
Re: Mystery tank

That's right Alan, it is for cold starting and you can remove it if you really want to. Personally, I use mine every time even though it's not cold down here in Guernsey. I figure you just save battery life if you ease the starting - although I'm sure someone will say the cold start itself uses up battery life!

Good luck!
Peter

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Taliesin
Email 
Alan Kilner
Apr 16, 2007 - 7:27PM
Re: Mystery tank

Peter

Many thanks. Now that I know what it's for I will be keeping and making use of it. I have been starting throughout the winter (down to 3 degs) without but as you say anything that saves the cranking battery!

Regards

Alan Kilner

Board footer