Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Fri 09th Jan 2015 20:09:58

twotails
Administrator

Heat Exchanger

Alan and Debbie
Apr 1, 2008 - 9:19PM
Heat exchanger

Has anyone got a heat exchanger for a 1971 Perkins 4/107.

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Stardog
Email 
Eric Richardson
Apr 2, 2008 - 4:27PM
Re: Heat exchanger

Hi Alan

If you have a heat exchanger problem the best bet is to fit the later Bowman unit that fits on the port side of the engine. I believe these are available from ASAP at Beccles.
It makes access to the front of the engine much better and is easily plumbed in.

Regards Eric

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Ex Taliesin
Email 
Alan Kilner
Apr 7, 2008 - 8:50AM

Eric

thanks for you response. We are just back from the boat after a weeks maintenance, my brother posted the enquiry for me while I was aboard. I have a Bowman unit already which sits at the front of the engine. I take it from your reply that there is another unit that fits on the port side. I will have a closer look at the ASAP catalogue this evening, although they have quoted me £750!! for a straight replacement so I was hoping to source a second hand unit.

Regards

Alan and Debbie

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Star Dog
Email 
Eric Richardson
Apr 9, 2008 - 6:54PM

Hi Alan

That sounds a lot of money, the original unit had an oil cooler on the end of it. not needed in this part of the world. The side mounted unit should be cheaper and in my view is much better.
Boman Heat Exchangers do have a webb site, it may be worth contacting them. They may know a cheap source of that model.

All the best Eric

Board footer