Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Fri 09th Jan 2015 19:57:59

twotails
Administrator

Gaydog

Ian Reaney
Jan 20, 2008 - 9:40PM
GAYDOG !!

I am interested to know where GAYDOG the name of my fathers old Seadog maybe now, my Dad is 88 and we were talking about her today and how he misses her and he asked if I could find out for him.
I expect her name has changed as he sold her about 21 years ago.
If anybody knows I would appreciate the feedback.
Thanks
Ian
Email 
Graham
Jan 20, 2008 - 10:10PM
Re: GAYDOG !!

Hi Ian,
GayDog has had several name changes and is now called 'RITA'.
The owners live in the Netherlands and she is still sailed widely by her present owners. We have seen her in Cherbourg and at Ile Groix (south Brittany).
She is very well looked after and is still much admired.
best regards
Graham

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Dougal
Email 
Ian Reaney
Jan 21, 2008 - 6:01PM

Hi Graham,
Many thanks for your reply, I have passed the information to my Dad who also thanks you.
I will keep an eye on the website as he might like to come along to the rally in Weymouth in September as we only live in Exeter.
Thanks again
Ian
Email 
Graham
Jan 21, 2008 - 6:47PM

Hi again Ian,
Sorry if the information on the website is misleading, my fault as I am supposed to keep the site updated.
The Weymouth rally was in 2007 and we were there ("Dougal") as was "Anahita" and "Glory".
Sadly the weather prevented 15 other SeaDogs from getting there but the owners all turned up by road for an excellent social event and chinwag.
A rally for 2008 is still being planned, it may be in London.
If your father would be interested in seeing another SeaDog then there are quite a few in the west country, if you tell me where your father lives I will try and find someone who could help.
regards
Graham

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Dougal
Email 
Ian Reaney
Jan 21, 2008 - 8:47PM

Hi Graham, Thanks, it was my fault about thinking the rally was in Weymouth, I did not read it correctly, I will watch the web site to see when the rally is going to be and see if my Dad is interested to go.
Also thank you for the offer about visiting a Sea Dog in the SW, his house actually backs onto the River Exe at Topsham and I think there is one maybe two on the river so if he wanted to go sailing I think he could find an owner and go, but I think he is starting to find his mobility is restricting his boating days, maybe on a multihull he would find life a lot easier. Once again thanks - Ian
Email 
Mark P
Mar 7, 2008 - 10:21PM

Ian, is your father now resident on the Isle of Wight by any chance?

Board footer