Announcement

From the Webmaster: Please note this forum is an ARCHIVE ONLY; it is not in current use. Click here:Seadog.org.uk to return to the website.

#1 Fri 09th Jan 2015 18:40:21

twotails
Administrator

Galley Cupboard

Phil
Apr 6, 2014 - 9:37PM
Galley cupboard

We have a fridge mounted in the galley to the right of the sink (as you face the sink). Unfortunately the fridge is playing up and I need to repair or replace. The problem is that the cupboard over the sink leaves no room to lift the fidge unit out.

My question is - does anyone have any advice on removing the over sink cupboard temporarily i.e. how is it fixed, can I lift it out in one or does it need to be taken appart plank by plank

Hopefully someone who has done an internal refit will know the construction of this cupboard .

Regards - Phil

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Soyakaze
Email 
Graham
Apr 6, 2014 - 9:56PM
Re: Galley cupboard

Hi Phil,
That cupboard on Dougal is held on by several screws through the back, should be easyish to access. We have removed several times to acces the Pinta Autpilot drive chains. If you don't have that type of pilot you may want to modify the cupboard while it is off to make use of the space at the back.
The cupboard is screwed onto batons that in turn are screwed to the bulkhead.
hope this helps.
Graham

SeaDog Name (if owner or crew) Dougal
Email 
Phil
Apr 7, 2014 - 12:34AM

Hi Graham

We also have a Pinta ! so I will do as you sugest.

I will let you know how I get on

Regards - Phil

Email 
Phil
Apr 7, 2014 - 7:32PM

Hi Graham

You were spot on, only 4 screws and the cupboard was off.

The wiring to the Pinta on/off switch was in a bit of a state so I can fix that at the same time.

Thanks for your help

Phil

Board footer